My Practice Matters ™ cares about the present and future of independent dentistry – the practitioners and patients. My Practice Matters™ empowers dental professionals.
- enjoys the clinical side of dentistry,
- has a patient-centred philosophy, and
- is concerned about the paradigm shift in control of the profession, and how this shift will affect your practice (short and long term), and rights of the public to choose
If you are a Dental Hygienist, Dental Assistant, or Administrator (Office Manager, or Front Desk personnel) who:
- is committed to supporting dentists who are patient-centred
- believes in preserving the autonomous relationship between patients and their dentist
- want to work with a team of like-minded dental professionals
…you have arrived at the right place! Opportunity exists for independent practitioners to successfully compete, achieve their goals, and ensure the future for independent practice, no matter what the market conditions.
How My Practice Matters ™ Can Help You
The My Practice Matters ™ Team
The My Practice Matters™ team of Solutionists are knowledgeable, experienced and empathetic. We turn obstacles and challenges into opportunities that can propel your career and business to success. We’ve seen, heard, and experienced the good, the bad, and even the ugly aspects of the dental profession. More importantly, we’ve learned from each and every one of these experiences. That broadens our knowledge base, and helps us to educate our clients so that they can make informed choices, deliver real options, and facilitate implementation as you may need.
In our experience, people facing challenges are often overwhelmed by the complexity of their concerns and related issues. That “blinds” them from recognizing the opportunities that are “hidden” by the problems. Our process helps our clients to clarify their needs, expectations and vision for where they want to be. Then, we can create and present possibilities that consider the effort, time, benefits, and repercussions of each option. These are practical, viable solutions. The My Practice Matters™ team of Solutionists guide, support, and facilitate throughout all stages of any transition process to ensure your best outcomes.
Whether you are a dentist or auxiliary seeking a new position as a member of an existing team (part or full-time), are ready to be a practice owner-operator, or preparing for retirement, your My Practice Matters™ team of Solutionists is ready, willing, and able to empower you.
Carrie is our Career Transition Solutionist – she matches dental personnel (including dentists seeking Associate Dental positions) with practices who need great team members! Our goal is to create long-term relationships that are mutually beneficial by recruiting and placing individuals in dental practices that respect and value their skills and contribution.
Darren is our Compliance Advisor – he helps dentists to navigate the regulatory “red tape” that can be challenging and stressful when building or expanding your clinic, marketing/advertising, dealing with patient complaints, and any other regulatory issues.
Nadean is our Practice Management and Business Solutionist – she may be your first point of contact at My Practice Matters™, and will listen to your concerns before suggesting a course of action because sometimes you just need someone to hear you. When you need coaching, information, guidance, assistance, and support the My Practice Matters™ team of Solutionists is here to help you.
The My Practice Matters ™ Solutions
- The not-so-secret secret is the behavioral element of dentistry. Unfortunately, the “soft skills” that build trust and respect between people is not taught in dental school, and there are few resources available after graduation. The good news is that it can be learned and once dentists understand the benefits of behavioral dentistry, they are eager to adopt it into their practice.
- The business aspect involves utilization of practice management tools that may already be available through your existing software, but aren’t because no one in the dental team understand how to extract and analyze the data. We can provide simple and effective ways to set up, track, and analyse KPI, and advanced patient management tools to ensure predictable and sustainable performance.
- Tools and training to build a strong and resilient dental team, and establish a culture of collaboration in a safe and enjoyable environment.
For Dental Students
- Prepare to enter the real world of private practice with the My Practice Matters™ Life After Dental School Program. Sign up for webinars, e-tips, and links to resources – learn how to:
- Set goals and objectives for your career based on your vision and philosophy
- Define criteria for your wants and needs
- Protect your interests (what’s a dental services contract anyway?)
- Differentiate yourself from other candidates vying for the same position
- How and what questions to ask so that you can find out what you need to know, before you accept a position
For Dentists Planning to Own a Practice
- Planning, preparation, and implementation is the key to success in any business. We coach, guide, and assist dentists through all stages of this process so that they can make informed decisions with confidence –
- Building a comprehensive business plan is about more than just numbers. We help you use the 5 Ps of business planning to develop your own unique road map to success!
- We help you prepare for a variety of options so that challenges can be converted to opportunities, and finding the right practice is in your control
- We work with your accountant, business lawyer, bank, and other professional advisors through all processes so that your interests are protected and you enter practice ownership confidently
- Review and identify potential risks and threats, as well as strengths and opportunities in prospective practices
- Guide and assist in due diligence process
- Guide and assist in transition preparation and support for 90 days after completion of transaction
For Practice Owners
- Recruiting and placement of auxiliaries – administrative and clinical personnel
- Virtual Practice Manager (VPM)
- Identify and communicate your vision, purpose, and goals
- Guide and assist you and your team to develop policies, processes and protocols to ensure compliance with your vision, and consistency in practice performance
- Provide additional training for your personnel to help streamline their tasks, and make your team more effective in delivering a consistent, desired patient experience
- Work with you to establish your practice KPI metrics and monitoring system, provide analysis of the collected data, and re-evaluate goals and objectives as necessary.
- Guide and assist in recruiting and placement for Locum and Associate positions when needed in your practice
- Guide, coach, and assist in resolution of critical management issues
- Provide guidance, facilitation, and support in developing viable succession plan and exit strategies that protect your investment and continuity of quality care for your patients
- Flexibility in addressing unique concerns – i.e. compliance matters related to regulatory guidelines, rules, and codes
My Practice Matters ™ Empowers and Supports Independent Dentistry
For over a decade, the have been empowering patient-centred dentists and their teams, guiding and supporting them as they achieve their goal to deliver quality services to patients in their communities more effectively, and without taking an equity position. Read Testimonials
We coach and support dental practitioners through every stage of their careers – from dental school to retirement – by delivering to them the information, education and services they need to be successful. From planning to acquire an established practice or open a new practice, finding the right associate or associate position, or succession planning – dentists have been able to make confident decisions and turn challenge into opportunity. Our services are customized to meet the needs of each doctor, and include (not limited to):
- Business planning
- Practice branding
- Practice development
- Practice valuation/appraisals
- Practice performance assessment
- Practice management systems
- Review of practice appraisals
- Facilitate practice acquisition & due diligence process
- Succession planning
- Associate recruiting and placement
- Cost-share and partnership structuring
- …and more…
We work with accountants, lawyers, bankers, and financial planners as required to meet the needs of our clients. For those who may need a referral to one of these professional advisors, My Practice Matters™ has built relationships with a network of other knowledgeable and experienced professional advisers who share our commitment to results-oriented solutions, honesty and integrity.
Your Alternative to Corporate Dentistry™